MV Western Isles Cruises Ltd is aware of many positive and rewarding aspects of running a business such as ours – the buying of local produce, supporting small communities, helping to promote tourism & wild life awareness is very beneficial to the local community. However with these things, there is always potential for a negative impact on the environment.
Although at the starting blocks with our new business venture, we aim for the future to provide a service with as many “Green” credentials as possible.
- The MV Western Isles is very fuel efficient and low noise.
- Our fuel use is recorded, so fuel economy can be monitored.
- Fuel tanks on the vessel are designed to withstand damage and spillage.
- Vessel departure times tie in with the train timetable and other Ferry Services to encourage use of public transport.
- Heating on the vessel is by radiators, these are heated via a heat exchanger which derives its heat from the cooling systems of the engines. Thus providing free heating for the vessel.
A few things to remember:
- When walking, keep dogs on a lead.
- Keep to established routes & paths where possible.
- Respect the interests of local people in the Countryside.
- Put your rubbish in appropriate refuse containers and dispose of safely.
- Discarded cigarette ends can cause fire in the heather.
- Close gates behind you.
- Do not throw rubbish overboard.
Help us enjoy the environment responsibly.
Please note – passenger luggage (suitcases & rucksacks) will travel free however food and drink will be charged at a cost of £1 + VAT per ‘bag for life’ or the equivalent size.