MV Western Isles Cruises Ltd is aware of many positive and rewarding aspects of running a business such as ours – the buying of local produce, supporting small communities, helping to promote tourism & wild life awareness is very beneficial to the local community. However with these things, there is always potential for a negative impact on the environment.
Although at the starting blocks with our new business venture, we aim for the future to provide a service with as many “Green” credentials as possible.
- The MV Western Isles is very fuel efficient and low noise.
- Our fuel use is recorded, so fuel economy can be monitored.
- Fuel tanks on the vessel are designed to withstand damage and spillage.
- Vessel departure times tie in with the train timetable and other Ferry Services to encourage use of public transport.
- Heating on the vessel is by radiators, these are heated via a heat exchanger which derives its heat from the cooling systems of the engines. Thus providing free heating for the vessel.
A few things to remember:
- When walking, keep dogs on a lead.
- Keep to established routes & paths where possible.
- Respect the interests of local people in the Countryside.
- Put your rubbish in appropriate refuse containers and dispose of safely.
- Discarded cigarette ends can cause fire in the heather.
- Close gates behind you.
- Do not throw rubbish overboard.
Help us enjoy the environment responsibly.
Due to our Summer Timetable starting and the rotation of vessels there will be slight delays on sailings in the month of June. If you have any concerns please email the office.